MV Drives Offer Overview
There are few manufacturers of medium voltage drives. Each of them offers different drive topologies with specified advantages and drawbacks. In successively published posts I will provide brief product specification and links to available documentation. At this point I will not compare specific solutions.
In the following posts I will present offer of companies with the biggest MV Drives market share – in alphabetical order:
- Allen-Bradley (Rockwell Automation),
- Ansaldo Sistemi Industriali,
- Eaton (Cutler-Hammer),
- LS Industrial Systems,
- Schneider Electric,
- TM GE,
In the product specification you will find information on:
- drive topology (VSI-NPC, VSI-CHB, CSI, LCI),
- input (rectifier) section characteristics (nominal voltage, power quality),
- DC link section characteristics,
- output (inverter) section characteristics (voltage and frequency range, power rating, waveform),
- control specifications (control scheme, speed and torque errors, response time),
- converter specifications (semiconductor devices, switching frequency, modulation technique).
I will try to release first manufacturer specifications post as soon as I am able. If you have any suggestions on something I didn’t mention and you think should be considered here – please contact me.